Text area 1
Many animals travel in pairs or groups. If you see 1 animal on the road, assume others are nearby and slow down!
Tips for a safe trip
- Slow down for wildlife – where there's 1 animal, there are often more.
- Get a grip. Get winter-rated tires.
- Your tail lights are off, unless you turn them on.
- Speed limits are for ideal conditions. How are they now?
- If it's green now, it won't be for long. Be ready to stop.
- Give yourself twice as much time to stop.
- Snow plows are out there to keep you safe. Give them room to do their job.
- Remove all ice and snow from your vehicle before you drive.
- Never pass a snow plow or grader on its right side.
- Give snow plows lots of space, about 5 car lengths.
Tires that are not rated for winter driving harden in freezing temperatures. This significantly reduces your vehicle's traction.